Travel beyond COVID-19. What travel will look like during & after COVID-19. A series of interviews with our top Hospitality and Tourism partners from around the world. Updates, Awareness, Wisdom & Education.
- Inbound travelers may provide a negative COVID-19 test performed within 3 days prior to arrival and have immediate open access to move about the island
- Travelers arriving without a test result will be required to be tested within 24 hours upon arrival and remain in quarantine until test results are released
- We strongly recommend that all travelers plan to have a test taken within 3 days prior to arrival
Eden Rock – St Barths Caribbean
Eden Rock – St Barth
Eden Rock – St Barths is located on a rocky promontory surrounded by white sandy beaches, gin clear sea and amazing coral reefs full of colorful wild sea life. At the very heart of the island St Jean invites guests to stroll to the shops, boutiques, bars and restaurant situated in the village nearby.
With its spectacular location in St Jean Bay, Eden Rock – St Barths has been the byword for one-of-a-kind hospitality ever since mercurial French Caribbean aviator adventurer and occasional treasure-seeker Rémy de Haenen first welcomed guests to his Eden Rock home on the ocean, during the 1950s. The place quickly established itself as the preferred private and discreet bolt-hole of many glamorous Hollywood characters who quickly became friends of St Barths. Howard Hughes, Greta Garbo, Robert Mitchum, Gore Vidal, Baron Rothschild David & Peggy Rockfeller, Princess Lee Radziwill… amongst numbers of other fine beautiful and talented men and women… A sense of safety and freedom was established… and of style… and of casual elegance… and of spirit… and of ambition… and all of which continues to this day and is strengthened now with the regular welcoming of very many current and similarly interesting and brilliant celebrity guests and friends of modern times.
Book Eden Rock – St Barths or any Oetker Collection Hotel & Resort around the world, directly with me via email or phone, and instantly received the following VIP Amenities listed below. Email email@example.com – Phone. +1 917 754 5515.
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability.
American breakfast daily for two guests per bedroom served in restaurant.
Complimentary Eden Rock Beach Set, per room, including a branded Beach Bag and flip flops.
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability.
Q&A / Travel beyond COVID-19
Q&A Travel beyond COVID-19. Insight shared from out travel partners around the globe. For follow up questions, kindly contact us directly.
When are you foreseeing your destination opening back for tourists ?
On 22 October 2020, an exciting new season will begin with the complete reopening of our brilliant and brand-new hotel accommodations, all-together for the very first time since the hotel has been hit by Irma Hurricane late 2017.
Our Eden Rock Villa Rental villas are open since June 22nd, 2020 and already welcoming international travelers. The island is covid free since end of March and mandatory test 3 days prior arrival are required (No quarantine).
Discrete tanning and recharging and savory lunch at our fabulous Beach Club, and chilled frosé at the cool Beach Bar are also available for our villa guess this summer until 22 August 2020.
What measures have you taken to reopen post COVID-19 ?
Please address sterilization measures, security, mandates on staff and guests testing, transportation etc.
Providing a safe environment for our guests and team members is our foremost priority. We have developpe the following measures and protocols:
- Eden Rock meet and greet at the airport by your dedicated concierge or butler wearing a mask ….and a big smile just behind it.
- Private transfer to your villa – our vehicles are disinfected with a virucide lotion between each and every use.
- Sanitation of your luggage by our ER team members prior to entering the villa.
- Your rental car will be delivered directly to your villa ….all cars having been treated and disinfected using biological fluids prior delivery.
- All ERock Staff have received regular and comprehensive training on health and safety protocols including the correct wearing of personal protective equipment (mainly masks and gloves) and amplified training and insistence on the importance of hand washing and social distancing guidelines.
- Handshaking and “French Kissing” (sadly) is now replaced by a nod and a most wonderfully sunny smile.
- Anyone at any stage having symptoms or reporting unwell will be helped immediately and will be assisted and cared for by qualified medical personnel available on site ER and ERVR 24/7.
- Complimentary sanitizing kits for every guest provided in your villa on arrival including hydroalcoholic gel and disposable masks.
- Use of cleaning products containing disinfectant plus high temperature steamers and ozone machines (available only in some of our villas) to sanitize the villa space and its furniture, mattresses, flooring. Great importance is being placed on villa AirCon systems and air cleanliness in order to enhance freshness and sanitation.
- Sterile protective measures in place within the villa when laundering Guests’ linen or personal clothes (also available on request at Eden Rocks’ laundry in St Jean).
- Hand sanitizers used frequently throughout all common areas.
- Physical distancing with mitigation protocols as necessary i.e. limiting occupancy, distancing of beach chairs, controlled access to the gym.
- Use of the Eden Rock App “InsidER” available on personal mobile devices or disinfected Ipads. This to read news and daily menus’ plus other helpful info.
How do you plan to enforce these measures and how will you ensure compliance?
Oetker Collection and Eden Rock – St Barths are closely monitoring the Covid-19 epidemic and. In addition to implementing new hygiene and safety measures, we have developed specific protocols and trainings for each department. A dedicated health and safety committee has also been created including Eden Rock – St Barths key team members in charge of ensuring all protocol are in place and thoroughly followed, as well as representative in each hotel of the collection and outside independent consulting organization.
How will these measures affect the overall regular experience ?
Luxury and safety go hand-in-hand at Eden Rock – St Barths and we vow to always guard and ensure the wellbeing of our guests with additional healthy doses of the friendliest, finest service under the sun. For this summer a villa with Eden Rock Villa Rental is the perfect alternative for vacation. Secluded, private and 5 stars services villas are the perfect options. Villas allows guests to stay with minimal contact with staff, no contact with other customer and a minimal impact on the overall experience.
Booking & Payment Flexibility Terms and Conditions during and after COVID-19 time.
During those special times we have designed an exclusive offer 100% flexible. For all booking made until September 15th guest can feel comfortable planning and booking now their future Island Escape … we’ll waive any cancellation penalty until 15 days prior to your arrival date.
Will you be offering any special promotions, packages and/or value adds?
We will offer to your clients all amenities as always, for booking with you, as out Oetker Collection Pearl Preferred Partner. This includes one category room upgrade at time of booking, upon availability and F&B credit of 85 € for each stay of 1 night and 170 € for 2 nights or more.
How will you plan to maintain a level social distancing ?
We are maintaining a level of social distancing by reducing the capacity of the beach and bar, and by adding more spaces between sun loungers on the beach. The access to the gym is made by prior appointments with our fitness coach who ensures limited access and respect of social distancing.
Tell us about the current quarantine and restrictions within your destination ?
St Barths is amongst the first territories globally to be declared 100% Covid free. Life on the island has returned to normal. Island beaches are open without restriction, restaurants and boutiques are operating as usual, houses of worship are open and holding services, and nautical activities as well as the other services to which you are accustomed are being provided as usual.
Please add any additional information you believe would be helpful to raise travelers trust levels in order to visit ?
In order to preserve this island paradise and protect the wellbeing of the inhabitants and island guests, strict measures have been put in place by the Government for all arrivals at Port or Airport to take and pass a mandatory health test prior to admittance. To enjoy your stay in Saint-Barthélemy, you will be asked to provide a Covid-negative RT-PCR test performed within 3 days prior your departure. If it is impossible for you to get tested prior to your departure and provide such documentation, you will be required to be tested for Covid 19 within 24 hours of your arrival. Until your test results are known you will be required to observe strict quarantine in your villa or hotel room during which time interaction is limited to only those traveling in your party. Test results will take less than 24 hours to be released. If you are staying on the island for a period that exceeds 7 days, a second RT-PCR test will be required on Day 7 following your arrival. Children below age 10 are not subjected to testing.
Now on a lighter and positive note,
Have you taken advantage of this quiet months, to curate new experiences or discover new locations/destinations? If YES Which ?
Yes, we are finishing the complete renovation of the hotel with the construction of three new suites on top of the rock. Those three suites will offer mesmerizing views over the Caribbean turquoise sea from their rooms and spacious terraces, two of them will also be featuring private plunge pool.
What is your favorite feature about your property and destination that you wish to share with my clients/readers ?
We are lucky enough to be located on one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. A day at the beach club is a must, clear turquoise sea and white sand, sunchairs are well distanced from each other allowing space and relaxation, at the same time the fresh ocean breeze is very comforting while eating directly on your sunchair allows you minimum contact with the team and no contact with other guests.
St Barths is I believe a perfect destination to escape, disconnect and recharge, with a large choice of activities from hiking to private yoga sessions, or simply enjoying your private pool or having an Eden Rock picnic on the beach of your choice
My St Barths Experience
St Barths has always been my choice for a Caribbean experience. A visit to St Barth never falls short of glamour, fun and relaxation. Follow these links to see my journey ( Blog Posts )
Some useful resources you might want to keep in mind, for your upcoming travels during and after COVID-19.
IATA Travel Center
US Department of State – Bureau of Consular Affairs
CDC Center for Disease Control & Prevention
World Health Organization
Global COVID-19 Flights & Travel Restrictions
World Travel & Tourism Council
World Travel Restrictions UN World Food Programme
Observatory on Border Crossings Status due to COVID-19
Health travel advice for all Countries